What To Do
El Dorado Beach & Boat Ramp
El Dorado Beach and Boat Ramp is located on Highway 50 at Lakeview Avenue. It is the place to go for large picnics, launching your boat, renting a kayak or water toy, viewing the lake or simply relaxing.
- Bike trail
- Boat launch with floating dock
- Kayak and water toy concession
- Large picnic area, includes tables and BBQ
- Large turf area, perfect for throwing out a blanket
- Swim area, roped and buoyed
- Two parking lots
El Dorado Beach and Boat Ramp is open year-round depending on accessibility. The boat ramp is dependent on lake levels and the beach is open year-round. El Dorado Beach is managed by the City of South lake Tahoe Parks Department. In the Winter months the amenities at Lakeview Commons are closed such as concession stand and restrooms. Parking is available at no charge all year.