Memorial Day weekend includes the largest free three-day festival ever
held in South Lake Tahoe with 40 artists across 14 venues
April 22, 2022 (SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif./Nev.) – The inaugural free Big Blue Music & Brews Festival will take the winter blues away with 40 artists performing across 14 venues spanning from the downtown corridor at The Shops at the Heavenly Village through the south end of town at Camp Richardson’s lakefront Beacon Bar & Grill, May 27-29.
Featured artists include Pablo Cruise, an American pop/rock band from San Francisco; Rick Estrin and the Nightcats, a San Francisco artist named BB King’s ‘Entertainer of the year’; Scott Pemberton O Theory, a funky, surfy, rock band from Portland, Oregon; The Laurie Morvan Band a five-piece high-energy rocking blues band from Long Beach, Calif.; Dennis Johnson and The Revelators, San Francisco native recognized as “slide guitar master” by Guitar World Magazine; and more than a dozen local artists, all spread throughout 14 of the top venues in South Lake Tahoe.
Jamming through the holiday weekend the array of music stages highlights the destination’s iconic beachside experience, panoramic views of the lake and mountains, and outdoor patio vibes at local breweries each afternoon and night underneath the stars.
Tahoe South has partnered with MOPO to offer an official mobile app for the festival to help locals and visitors find unique, meaningful, and local things to do. In the app’s #BigBlue channel, visitors can view the most up-to-date schedule, information on venues and artists, get directions, and more. Visit http://bigblue.mopo.life/ to download.
Parking is limited, biking or alternative transportation is encouraged. Tag and follow along utilizing #bigblue. Here’s a breakdown at each venue and for more information visit: https://tahoesouth.com/bigblue.
- Ted Kennedy + The Residents, Friday, 1-5 p.m.
- Wesley Orsolic Band, Saturday, 1-6 p.m.
- DJ Osirus, Saturday and Sunday, 6-7 p.m.
- Pablo Cruise, Saturday, 7-9 p.m.
- Pamela Parker Fantastic Machine, Sunday, 1-5 p.m.
- Rick Estrin & The Nightcats, Sunday, 7-9 p.m.
- Kareeta, Saturday, 12-2:30 p.m.
- Scott Pemberton O Theory, Saturday, 3-6 p.m.
- Dennis Johnson + The Revelators, Sunday, 12-2:30 p.m.
- Laurie Morvan Band, Sunday, 3-6 p.m.
- Local Anthology, Saturday, 2-6 p.m.
- Taking Root, Sunday, 2-6 p.m.
- Bread and Butter, Saturday, 1-5 p.m.
- In Kahootz, Sunday, 1-5 p.m.
- Green Buddha Band, Friday, 5-9 p.m.
- Audiobox, Saturday, 5-9 p.m.
- Arizona Jones, Sunday, 5-9 p.m.
South Lake Brewing Company (SLBC)
- Darren Senn, Friday, 5-8 p.m.
- Bison Bluegrass Band, Saturday, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. to celebrate SLBC’s 5th year anniversary
- Thomas Brandolin, Saturday, 12-4:30 p.m.
- Sean Hodge, Saturday, 5-10 p.m.
- Randall Ide, Sunday, 12-4:30 p.m.
- Mark Sheets, Sunday, 5-10 p.m.
- Josbeatz, Friday, 5-8 p.m.
- The Gold Souls, Saturday, 3-6 p.m.
- Pat Hull, Sunday, 3-6 p.m.
- Ditchweed Harvest, Saturday, 12-3:30 p.m.
- Ash Relics, Saturday, 4-8 p.m.
- Fred Archer Wilson, Sunday, 12-3:30 p.m.
- Dan Zook & Jon Sils, Sunday, 4-8 p.m.
- Jordan Michael Bagheri + Kristen Lynn Stephens, Saturday, 12-4 p.m.
- Luis Rubio, Saturday, 4:30-9 p.m.
- Kris Munn, Sunday, 12-4 p.m.
- Kaizaac “Kai” Porter Late Night Show indoors, Saturday, 9:30 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Rox Christensen Late Night Show indoors, Sunday, 9-11:30 p.m.
- Bread and Butter, Friday, 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- In Kahootz, Saturday, 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- TBD, Sunday, 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- Luis Rubio, Saturday, 12-4:30 p.m.
- Off Piste, Saturday, 5-10 p.m.
- Ash Relics, Sunday, 5-9 p.m.
*Times/artists are subject to change, recommend confirming via the app or website.
Contact: Jenn Boyd or Phil Weidinger, Weidinger Public Relations, 775-588-2412 or email@example.com
About the Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority
Designated the “America’s Best Lake” by USA TODAY readers, Tahoe South combines the distinctive appeal of two worlds: spectacular natural beauty and a modern tourism destination with an array of outdoor recreation, entertainment, nightlife and gaming. Tahoe’s timeless splendor and an emerging economic diversity toward health and wellness, green business practices and sustainability continue to define its inimitable personality. For information about lodging, recreation and family packages at Tahoe South, call 1-800-288-2463 or log onto www.TahoeSouth.com.
About MOPO Life, Inc.
MOPO is the definitive mobile app for recreational activities. Founded in 2020, we are fundamentally reimagining how people everywhere discover, live, and share local experiences. Using the power of data science and social networking, we offer a personalized and transformative approach to connecting people with things to do that match their interests and reflect what they care about. Find your people. Pursue your passion. Fulfill your purpose. #GetOutAndLive.