Super Bowl Sunday in Tahoe South
You’re in South Lake Tahoe for the weekend, and looking for a fun place to watch the Big Game on Sunday, February 3, 2019?
The kickoff between the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams is still a few days away, but I can’t help think about the commercials and of course the halftime performance!! We know it’s going to be phenomenal, Maroon 5 will be performing and joined by rappers Travis Scott and Big Boi!
Back to the game, what are everyone’s pick for the SB 53 champions? We know that the New England Patriots have 5 rings under their belt with Tom Brady as their QB and many might think that they always have a “way” of coming through for their fans and the win. This year the Rams will have to show up for their fans This game should be fun and interesting to watch as the Patriots are 1-point underdogs against Los Angeles defense. The Patriots may have a good quarterback but the Rams have a great defense that can rattle New England. Each year whether my team makes it or NOT, my family and I always show support for our team.
Here's all the information you need for the 2019 Super Bowl.
We do our game day shopping at our local markets for all the game food and goodies, while geared up in our Raider attire from head to toe just to throw people off a bit. Other times we get together a few days in advance and figure out where we’re going to enjoy the game. If you happen to be in South Lake Tahoe making your bets, try out these places for a few drinks and good food.
We've compiled a list of parties and activities to get you off the couch and cheering as the Los Angeles Rams take on the New England Patriots in the Mercedes-Benz stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, home of the Falcons for Super Bowl 53! Don't worry - with a 3:30 p.m. start, there will be plenty of time to ski and ride before you join the cheering section this Super Bowl weekend.
On the Slopes
If you're out for a few afternoon turns, there's no need to leave the resort. The Sierra Pub at Sierra at Tahoe Resort will feature food and drink specials, and Heavenly Mountain Resort will pre-game it with DJ Cat from 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
In the Casinos
- Harveys Lake Tahoe and Harrah's Lake Tahoe will have TV's tuned to the game all around the casino, with VIP parties as well as open-to-the-public drinks and food specials during the game.
- Lakeside Inn and Casino will have a party in the Sports Book.
- MontBleu will showcase the Big Game, Sunday, February 3, 2019, 2:30 - 6:30 pm, inside Blu Nightclub. ($40 at the door, 21 years +)
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe is ready to rock! Watch the Big Game in the Revolution Ballroom. $65 includes a Stadium buffet, and a free drink.
- Brooks' Bar at Edgewood Tahoe will also be hosting a viewing party for the big game and will offer plenty of HDTV so you don’t miss a single thing! A team themed buffet will be served and a lot of prizes will be given.
- Local bars and taverns all over the south shore will feature drink and food specials, raffles and giveaways, and of course, big screen TV viewing of the Big Game. Lake Tahoe AleWorX Stateline, The Loft Tahoe, Brooks' Bar & Deck at Edgewood Tahoe, Riva Grill on the Lake, Brother's Bar & Grill, Sidelines Sports Pub and Boathouse on the Pier at The Beach Retreat & Lodge at Lake Tahoe, McP's (across from the Heavenly Village), Sonney's BBQ Shack Bar & Grill, Steamers, Bear Moon Bar & Grill inside the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, Mott Canyon Tavern & Grill, Lucky Beaver, Bar & Burger, Audibles Sports Bar & Grill, Whiskey Dicks, Pick 6 Sports Lounge, Audibles Sports Bar & Grill, and Straw Hat Sports Bar & Grille inside Harveys Lake Tahoe.
- For the Kids: Open Play at Tahoe Tot Spot Mini Gym & Play Center: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Kids birth to 5-years-old, gymnastics, pretend play, arts & crafts, classes, and a full toy store with Melissa and Doug educational toys. 1012 Al Tahoe Blvd. (530) 541-5994.
Events are subject to change, and if you've heard of another spot, we’d love to add it to our list. Enter your event in the comments below!