Super Bowl Sunday in Tahoe South
Sunday, February 2, 2020, Super Bowl 54! The kickoff between the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers is still a few days away, I can’t help think about the commercials and of course the halftime performance which this year will be epic showcasing Jennifer Lopez, Shakira and Mexican group Los Tigres del Norte! Wow right?! We know it’s going to be phenomenal and I can’t wait.
Back to the game, what are everyone’s pick for the SB 54 champions? We know the KC Chiefs are slightly favored over the underdogs, San Francisco 49ers and the last time the Chiefs made a debut at a super bowl was back in 1969 when they faced the Vikings in New Orleans. Now, the San Francisco 49ers have won 5 Super Bowl rings between 1981 and 1994 led by Hall of Famer, Joe Montana. This year’s game is going to be one for the books as the favorites have a young hot hand QB, Patrick Mahomes who defeated the Tennessee Titans for the AFC Championship. What makes the 49ers a great opponent? Their pass rush! It’s even better in the postseason. The 49ers have had their first 13-win season in 8 years, huge turnaround from only winning 4 games in 2018, huge reason why they will represent the conference in Super Bowl LIV in Miami Florida, home of the Dolphins.
As for me, I have a bit of time to make my decision on who to root for as both of these teams are in the same division as my soon to be, Las Vegas Raiders. Tough choice right? I’ll still be representing my team and enjoying the game because, at the end of the season, I still love football and count the days to start the new season!
We do our game day shopping at our local markets for all the game food and goodies, while geared up in our Raider attire from head to toe just to throw people off a bit. Other times we get together a few days in advance and figure out where we’re going to enjoy the game. If you happen to be in South Lake Tahoe making your bets, try out these places for a few drinks and good food.
We've compiled a list of parties and activities to get you off the couch and cheering as the San Francisco 49ers take on the Kansas City Chiefs at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida home to the Miami Dolphins for Super Bowl 54! Don't worry - with a 3:30 p.m. PST start, there will be plenty of time to ski and ride before you join the cheering this Super Bowl weekend.
Here's all the information you’ll need for the 2020 Super Bowl.
On the Slopes
If you're out for a few afternoon turns, there's no need to leave the resort. The Sierra Pub at Sierra at Tahoe Resort will feature food and drink specials.
In the Casinos
- Harrah's Lake Tahoe and Harveys will have TV's tuned to the game all around the casino, with VIP parties as well as open-to-the-public drinks and food specials during the game.
- Lakeside Inn and Casino will have a party in the Sports Book.
- MontBleu will showcase the Big Game, Sunday, February 2, 2020, 2:30 - 6:30 pm, inside Blu Nightclub. ($40 at the door, 21 years +)
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe is ready to rock! Watch the Big Game in the Revolution Ballroom. $69 includes entry, large viewing screens, and stadium food served family-style.
- Brooks' Bar at Edgewood Tahoe will also be hosting a viewing party for the big game and will offer plenty of HDTV so you don’t miss a single thing! A team themed buffet will be served and a lot of prizes will be given.
- Local bars and taverns all over the south shore will feature drink and food specials, raffles and giveaways, and of course, big screen TV viewing of the Big Game. Lake Tahoe AleWorX Stateline, The Loft Tahoe, Brooks' Bar & Deck at Edgewood Tahoe, Riva Grill on the Lake, Emerald Bay Bar & Grill, Sidelines Sports Pub at The Beach Retreat & Lodge at Lake Tahoe, McP's (across from the Heavenly Village), Sonney's BBQ Shack Bar & Grill, Steamers, Bear Moon Bar & Grill inside the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, Mott Canyon Tavern & Grill, Lucky Beaver Bar & Burger, Audibles Sports Bar & Grill, Whiskey Dicks, Pick 6 Sports Lounge, and Straw Hat Sports Bar & Grille inside Harveys Lake Tahoe.
Events are subject to change, and if you've heard of another spot, we’d love to add it to our list. Enter your event in the comments below!