South Shore is Opening!
Increased openings at lodging establishments, restaurants and recreational activities with even more openings in the next few days have also marked the community’s collective desire to rebound. As individual plans for businesses are fluid and quickly evolving, we recommend contacting accommodations, dining, and activities directly to confirm availability.
Currently, U.S. Highway 50 is closed. Recreation sites are re-opening over the next few days.
- Forest Service (Pope, Baldwin, Camp Richardson are open; Round Hill Pines and Zephyr Cove Resort coming soon): More information
- CA State Parks: More information
- Nevada State Parks anticipate to be open by Saturday, Sept. 18: More information
Heavenly Mountain Resort ceased operations for the season and will open for winter, Nov. 19.
Evacuation orders for all neighborhoods have been lifted, with Christmas Valley and Meyers still in an evacuation warning scenario, which presents the need to stay mobile if conditions shift.
With the containment at 70 percent, it remains imperative to keep traffic at a minimum in residential neighborhoods, and areas where firefighters and first responders are still working so they can safely complete the job. Full containment is expected by the end of September.
9-15-21 Statement from Carol Chaplin, President & CEO of the Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority about the current situation regarding Caldor Fire:
“This has been emotionally draining for weeks over the numerous concerns, but we are resilient, and the countless ways our community has come together to support one another is heartwarming. We have so much to be thankful for with the heroic men and women who saved our lives and community. Tragically our neighbors in Echo Lakes, and along the West Slope weren’t as fortunate with hundreds losing their homes. Perhaps the ultimate takeaway is to realize the fragility of our resources and the vulnerability of the places we love.”
Thank you to our local businesses:
The list of businesses and individuals who have stepped up to help during the crisis has been uplifting and inspiring. Here’s an ongoing list of those efforts:
- Casinos: Harrah’s/Harveys, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, and MontBleu/Bally’s Tahoe offering rooms, conference space, meals
- Dave and Cheryl Duffield Foundation awarded $1 million to 29 different organizations for rescuing and rehabilitating wildlife animals
- Edgewood Tahoe offering complimentary pool, gym, spa access for firefighters
- Food contributed by Raley’s, Safeway and Grocery Outlet
- Forest Inn Suites takes in firefighter laundry
- Heavenly Ski Resort and Sierra-at-Tahoe runs snowblowers for humidity
- Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel providing rooms – opening restaurant to serve hot food as well as opening the bar. Room package to include percentage of sales to support Caldor Fire
- Phish donates $100,000 from relocated concert to El Dorado Community Foundation
- South Tahoe Refuse & Recycling kept streets and neighborhoods clear; hosted BBQ’s for firefighters first responders
NOTE: There’s lots of great news to be added, please email email@example.com for updates.
09.16.2021 Cal Fire News Release Evacuation Orders have been downgraded to Evacuation Warnings in El
Dorado County PDF
09.04.2021 Press Release Mandatory Evacuations and Precautionary Warnings Lifted in portions of Douglas County PDF
- Caldor Fire Information Line: (530) 303-2455
- Caldor Fire Maps: inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/maps/7801/
- Email: Enfincident@gmail.com
- Inciweb: inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7801/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/eldoradonf
- Twitter: twitter.com/EldoradoNF
For Road Closures and Information: Cal Trans Quick Map
Evacuation Routes: El Dorado County Evacuation Map
For evacuation warning and order information, visit http://www.tinyurl.com/EDSOEVAC
Be Fire Smart
With several wildfires throughout Northern Nevada and California, depending on the wind direction there may be impacts on air quality. Click here for Real-time air quality monitoring.
- Caldor Fire – In El Dorado County (4 miles South of Grizzly Flats, 2 miles East of Omo Ranch)
- Dixie Fire – Above the Cresta Dam, Feather River Canyon
- Fire and Smoke Map
- Air Now AQI air monitoring
- Hazard Mapping System Fire and Smoke
- Lake Tahoe Web Cams
- 48 hour Smoke Forecast for the Tahoe Basin
- Weather Forecast
- Satellite Map
- Nevada Road Conditions
- California Road Conditions
- Cal Trans Quick Map
- For status of any US 50 Closures/Opening, follow CHP South Lake Tahoe: https://twitter.com/CHPSouthLake
- Latest updates on N. CA Wildfires
- The Lookout.org
- All of Eldorado National Forest is closed due to fire danger and emergency vehicle access.
BE FIRE SAFE
“I will be mindful that it only takes one spark to destroy an environment. Wildfire and its prevention are everyone’s responsibility.” #TahoePledge information: https://tahoesouth.com/take-care-travel-pledge-be-fire-safe/
The City of South Lake Tahoe has initiated its Emergency Operations Center and is providing the public with video updates each morning and evening. They can been seen on its Facebook page and website.
Sign up for emergency alerts while visiting Tahoe South through these sites to receive notices on your phone:
- City of South Lake Tahoe – https://cityofslt.regroup.com/signup
- El Dorado County – https://ready.edso.org/
- Douglas County – https://douglascounty.onthealert.com/
Mask guidance requires individuals follow current CDC guidelines.
As of July 27, here’s key updates:
- Updated information for fully vaccinated people given new evidence on the B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant currently circulating in the United States.
- Added a recommendation for fully vaccinated people to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission.
- Added information that fully vaccinated people might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission, particularly if they are immunocompromised or at increased risk for severe disease from COVID-19, or if they have someone in their household who is immunocompromised, at increased risk of severe disease or not fully vaccinated.
- Added a recommendation for fully vaccinated people who have a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 to be tested 3-5 days after exposure, and to wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
- CDC recommends universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status.
Masks are required indoors for both vaccinated and unvaccinated visitors.
Douglas County, Nevada Moving Forward – Douglas County’s Plan for COVID-19 Recovery. Stateline, Nevada is in Douglas County.
Governor Sisolak’s Nevada Health Response has been updated on May 1, 2021, find more information HERE.
As of June 15, 2021, Governor Newsom terminated the executive orders that put into place the Stay Home Order and the Blueprint for a Safer Economy. He also phased out the vast majority of executive actions put in place since March 2020 as part of the pandemic response, leaving a subset of provisions that facilitate the ongoing recovery. The new public health order effective June 15 supersedes all prior health orders. The order has limited restrictions, related only to masking, mega-events, and settings serving children and youth.
Updated fire restrictions around Lake Tahoe – No wood fires allowed anywhere. More
Tahoe South Visitors Center
- Email info@LTVA.org
- Phone (775) 588-4591, available daily, 9 am – 4 pm.
- Take Care Tahoe lake-wide effort encourages the following tips to keep all healthy and safe while traveling including go big on distancing, masks matter, plan to change plans, no germs or anything else left behind, expect closures and sniffles, stay home.
Local Public Health Departments
Barton Memorial Hospital: Information; Barton’s COVID-19 Clinical Health Line at 530.600.1999