Tahoe South’s Spring Loaded Weekly Roundup
Back at it with another packed week of Tahoe South’s Spring Loaded event(s). If you haven’t seen or heard the buzz around town yet, the good news is that there’s still plenty of time to get in on the fun. The bad news is that last week you missed some incredibly fun stuff - the extreme National Championship Snow Bike Series, a giant Spring Carnival, and Umphrey’s McGee at Harrah’s to name a few. Fear not, there’s more fun to come all week long with a LOADED lineup of activities and shows to conclude the Spring Loaded festivities.
So, if you don’t know, now ya know. Check out a sample of the final roundup below, but be sure to see the full schedule for many more events all over town.
Tomorrow & Wednesday, 3/27-3/28 - Take Out @ Cabo Wabo/Harveys
Tuesday, 3/27 - Got the munchies? Send it to Blue Angel Cafe and Catering for some awesome Spring Loaded Savings:
- $12 off entire check for a table of 2
- $9 off ANY bottle of wine for a table of 4+
- $3 off per person for the entire check of a table of 6+
Or try some fresh sushi from one of our favorites, Off the Hook Sushi Bar. Enjoy a free hot sake with your meal when you mention Spring Loaded!
Wednesday, 3/28 - Saturday, 3/31 - Get to Kirkwood for the IFSA Tahoe Freeride World Tour Qualifiers. Tahoe is known for world-class skiing and mountainous terrain, making it a highly sought-after destination for the most extreme thrill-seekers. For this big mountain freeride event, top skiers and boarders around the world will compete in the unique discipline of riding in natural terrain and snow conditions. That means no groomed surfaces or man-made terrain features - for more information see their website here.
Friday, 3/30 - Head to the Riva Grill for Fish Taco Fridays! From 6pm-10pm, the always delicious Riva Grill will have drink specials, fish taco specials, and raffle prizes - enter for a chance to win a new snowboard with every taco purchased!
Saturday, 3/31 - In addition to the World Freeride Qualifiers at Kirkwood, Saturday is loaded up with tons of options:
- Boarding for Breast Cancer at Sierra at Tahoe Resort - Shred the love! A fundraiser park jam for skiers and boarders of all ages and ability.
- Gunbarrell25 @ Heavenly Mountain Resort - Taking place on Heavenly’s famous mogul run, The Face, this long-time tradition challenges participants to lap the run 25 times. An annual favorite for locals and visitors alike, this signature spring event may make your legs feel like jello for a few days.
- Outdoor live music @ Heavenly Mountain Resort - Vokab Kompany - Some apres ski fun for everyone.
- “Fully Loaded” Snowshoe Races @ Camp Richardson - Ever tried to run in snowshoes? Think you have what it takes to run in snowshoes with a full cocktail tray in hand? Through a beach obstacle course? Camp Richardson has great prizes for the fastest (and cleanest) at the obstacle course finish line. Join them to participate or just for the food and drink specials.
- Annual Wild & Scenic Film Festival at MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa - The Wild and Scenic Film Festival combines award-winning environmental and adventure films with the energy of local activism. This year is to benefit the Sierra Nevada Alliance & the Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership.
Sunday, 4/1 - To conclude the Spring Loaded event and kick off April, many local businesses have partnered up for Easter fun in Tahoe South. See the full list for plenty of holiday happenings.
End this #miraclemarch with a bang, check out all of this week’s events to choose what sounds most interesting to you.