Tahoe South Blog
Discovering what’s new in winter sports products
My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to spend three days running around the largest winter lifestyle and sports industry gathering in the world and checking out the best of what's to come in the winter sports world. The event is Outdoor Retailer and the winter version takes place every year in Salt Lake City, Utah. It's a mountain man or woman's dream: over 11,000 exhibits to wade through from brands such as Patagonia, K2, Salomon, Mountain Hardware, Arxteryx and more.
I, Lauren Lindley, will take on the difficult task of finding the latest and greatest winter sports products that will hit the market next year. From skis to shells to backcountry gear: I won't let the thousands of other attendees keep me from discovering what the Tahoe South reader wants under their Christmas tree next year. I promise not to get sidetracked by the free swag giveaways and happy hours that take place all week long.
What am I excited about?
- new innovations in snow safety packs and airbag technology for the backcountry
- stronger, faster, lighter splitboards
- seeing what colors fashion is trending towards for next year
- finding myself the most perfect, gorgeous and vibrant puffy on the market!
- new innovations in personal filtration systems for worldwide travel
- new technologies in moisture management fabrics and softshells
What are you excited about?
In the market for some new gear? Or do you just want the next best ski technology every year? Either way, I will find it! Let Tahoe South know what you're looking for and we'll tell you which of our local winter outfitters can get it for you!
Check back here at Tahoe South throughout the next two weeks for my updates from Winter Outdoor Retailer: toys for the outdoor enthusiast that will take your Tahoe South adventures to the next level through innovations in design, safety, comfort and more!