This pyrotechnic exhibition explodes over Lake Tahoe after dusk and features a variety of patterns, shapes and designs. The show features a simultaneous music broadcast that can be heard on local stations KRLT-FM 93.9 and KOWL - AM 1490. Show begins at 8:30pm. The fireworks are visible from all over town. Below are some of the sweet spots to get a front row seat.
- The view from the lake is probably the most spectacular. The Tahoe Queen and M.S. Dixie II: South Shore’s two Mississippi paddlewheelers offer a unique opportunity to view the light show from the water. Both feature live entertainment and fantastic views of the evening’s display. Log onto www.laketahoecruises.com.
- Join Tahoe Cruises aboard their luxury 80 foot motor yacht, the Safari Rose, or their graceful sailing catamaran, the Woodwind II for the Labor Day Fireworks Cruise! Enjoy a delicious catered dinner and unlimited beer, wine and champagne along with music and unbeatable views of the spectacular fireworks display, courtesy shuttle is included. www.tahoecruises.com
- Nevada Beach: Located about two miles east of the Nevada casinos on Elk Point Road, Nevada Beach is the ideal setting for a family barbecue at the beach. A wide, sandy shoreline leads down to the sapphire waters of Lake Tahoe. Charcoal barbecues and picnic tables dot the beach. The view across the lake to the West Shore and Desolation Wilderness is unsurpassed. And the view of the fireworks display is one of the best in town.
- Timber Cove Marina: Offering front row seating that fills up fast.
- Bijou Community Park: Set back from the shoreline and boasts a skate park, disc golf course, dog park, golf course, and playground to keep the whole family entertained while holding your ideal viewing spot.
- The Tallac Historic Site: Off Emerald Bay Road, has an east-view perspective with nearby Baldwin Beach. For the more adventurous, the top of Mount Tallac offers a bird’s eye view of the fireworks extravaganza, but don’t forget your headlamp for the trek back down.
- Edgewood-Tahoe: Watch the fireworks show front and center from the beach to the south of Edgewood Tahoe's clubhouse. EdgewoodTahoe.com
- Lakeview Commons/El Dorado Beach: One of the most popular places to watch! Corner of Hwy 50 and Lakeview Ave.
- For a really unique view, check out Reno-Tahoe Helicopters.
Please respect the environment and only leave your footprints behind.