A festival for the whole family at the Heavenly Village featuring professional ice skating shows, ice sculptors, carolers, local artists and a 16-foot snow globe where kids can get their photos taken with Santa. It all starts December 19th and culminates December 31st with A Heavenly New Year’s Celebration including ice sculptors, live music, fire dancers and a 9:00 PM ball drop and fireworks show.
Heavenly Holidays 2012 Program Outline
Santa’s Snow Globe – December 19th through 24th, 2012 (2pm – 7pm daily)
• A 16 Foot Interactive Snow Globe will be created complete with Christmas Decorations/Props and Santa Claus. Children and families will have the opportunity to go inside the snow globe and meet Santa. It is free to the public to go inside the snow globe and meet Santa.
• Professional Photographer will be on site providing photographs available for purchase.
• Professional DJ will be on site playing Christmas music Wednesday 12/19 through Saturday 12/22.
• Great Basin Carolers will be performing live Christmas caroling performances on Sunday 12/23 and Monday 12/24 from 4pm – 7pm.
Heavenly Holidays Ice Spectacular – December 28th through December 30th, 2012
• Beginning Friday 12/28 each day through Sunday 12/30 Large ice sculptures will be created daily during public ice sculpting exhibitions. These exhibitions will offer interactive experiences and viewing opportunities throughout the Heavenly Village. Each day the number of sculptures will increase and will be lit nightly to create a magical ice wonderland.
• Nightly beginning Friday 12/28 through Sunday 12/30 @ 7:30pm the Heavenly Village Ice Rink will host some of the most talented skaters in the country for 25 – 30 minute ice skating shows. The ice rink will be decorated with a star field backdrop and concert level light and sound production.
• The Ice Skating shows will be different each night, so that guests can come back nightly to see a new show. The shows will come to a close on Sunday 12/30 with the “Grand Finale Show”. This will entail yet another new show that will include a “Specialty Act”.
Heavenly Holidays NYE Celebration – December 31st, 2012 (6pm – 9pm)
• An evening packed with world-class entertainment, interactive experiences and rides, along with the worlds only (as far as we know) “Gondola Drop” and Fireworks Show.
• Entertainment to include: LA Allstars (band), Fear No Ice (performance ice sculptors), Fire Groove (fire dancers and roaming entertainment), KRLT’s Steve Harness as MC
• Interactive experiences to include: Snowboard Simulator, 65’ Inflatable Spider Zone, Green Screen Photo Booth, Face & Body Painting.
• East Coast New Years Gondola Drop @ 9pm punctuated by a 6-8 minute fireworks display by Pyro Spectaculars