Tahoe South Blog
St. Patrick’s Day happenings at Tahoe South
The "Luck of the Irish" at Tahoe South comes with its own pint of Guinness, a plate of corned beef and cabbage and plenty of nightlife and entertainment options. Sure, St. Patty's falls on a Thursday. But that's what extended weekend stays are meant for, right?
Here's a list of some favorite Irish-flavored spots for one of our favorite holidays.
The green beer will be flowing, the hot food dished out and the Irish-themed music will shift into high gear.
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day at the Fresh Ketch at the Tahoe Keys Marina. Food and Drink specials 3:00 PM to close. Live Music 7-10 PM.
- McP's Taphouse Grill is featuring the Guinness and Bud Light Girls. No cover, drink specials all day, live music with the Lost Mountain Band, loads of giveaways, Eat, Drink & Be Merry!
- Enjoy live entertainment, great food and drink specials at the Zephyr Cove Lodge Restaurant. From traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage to Guinness Beer or an Irish Coffee, don’t miss out on everything Zephyr Cove Resort has to offer for this special holiday. Live music with local favorite Tom Miller from 5:00 - 8:00 pm.
- The Mark MacKay Band headlines the March 17 FNCTN show at Lakeview Loft (above Dart Liquor) in Stateline. He is one part blues rocker and one part country picker. The Roemers, the West Shore family band, will kick off the music with original blues and funk along with classic rock covers. Doors open at 8pm, with music beginning at 9m. Admission is $10 in advance and $15 at the door.
- Thursdays at The Loft Live Theatre, Lounge and Dining, wear lipstick for "Lipstick Lounge" and enjoy a free glass of champagne, table side magic and deep house vibes from resident DJ, Roger That. Discounts on drinks and appetizers and Magic Fusion show tickets.
- St. Funkin Patrick's Day Party at Steamer's Bar & Grill, join in the funky dance party with beats by DJ GIFT. Music starts at 9:00 PM - NO COVER. Your shenanigans are welcome, and encouraged! Steamers will be serving up delicious homemade corned beef and cabbage all day, along with their famous corned beef tacos. Drink specials and free schwag ALL DAY.
- Get "Sham-Rocked" at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe! Enjoy food and drink specials in the Fire Break Kitchen & Bar and Park Prime Steakhouse.
- Grab your green and head down to The Tavern at the Beach Retreat & Lodge! Food & Drink Specials all night long. Feelin' Lucky? Play & Win St. Patty's Day Bingo & Beer Pong! 6:00 - 10:00 pm.
- Enjoy live music with local favorites, Ike & Martin, at the Riva Grill on the Lake on Thursdays from 7:00 - 10:00 pm.
- The Killer Dueling Pianos will have you clapping, singing, and laughing along all night with their special brand of entertainment. Thursday, March 17 through Saturday, March 19, 2016, at Blu Nightclub inside MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa. 9:00 pm - 12:00 am. Entry is FREE!
- Italian-born Richie Ballerini is entertaining dinner guests at Harveys 19 Kitchen every Thursday night through March with his amazing, a Capella renditions of classic Italian and “saloon” songs from the ‘50s, ‘60s and beyond.
- Looking for something different? Mystery, chaos, and laughter will abound as the Theatre Arts Department at Lake Tahoe Community College presents the wildly funny send-up of the Hollywood murder mystery, The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940, written by John Bishop and directed by Susan Boulanger. Performances are in the Duke Theatre on LTCC’s campus, located off of Al Tahoe Blvd.
Wherever you decide to try your "Luck of the Irish," have fun and be safe!