Tahoe South Blog
Restaurant Week returns!
Tahoe South Restaurant Week returns September 16 -23, with more South Shore restaurants than ever.
Thirty four restaurants from Meyers to Zephyr Cove will offer special menus and deals, showcasing the diversity of the region’s culinary scene. This is the perfect opportunity to try a new restaurant, connect with friends and family, or simply grab a bite at one of your favorite watering holes.
Last year, I was able to try a bunch of new restaurants, and I was impressed with each one. This year, I am looking forward to getting back to a few favorites and trying some new places:
- Revive Coffee & Wine – Revive opened earlier this summer, and I’m a bit embarrassed I haven’t been in yet to try their menu. I am looking forward to sampling the charcuterie skewers, and then hopping on a standup paddleboard for an afternoon paddle.
- Blue Angel Café – I’m not gonna lie, this is one of my favorite restaurants. From curries to pizza, to a lovely cioppino (ask for extra bread), I can always find something I love as I relax by the fireplace (winter) or outside (August). The pairings Blue Angel are offering are thoughtful, and I am sure they will be delicious!
- Chimayo Street Grill – One of my new favorite places for beer and BBQ, the Chimayo staff is always friendly and on top of things. Also, they are conveniently located next door to the Blue Angel.
- Ernie’s Coffee Shop – They’re offering their Eggs Benedict, and this is one of my favorite breakfast dishes.
- The Loft – Hands down one of the best new venues on the South Shore. I’ve been for wine (Lipstick Lounge, anyone?) but am excited to try the 4-course featured menu.
- Toast Tahoe – The 3-course featured menu looks delightful – I am leaning towards the cashew crusted mahi mahi and the raspberry brie puffs, but will see what they’ve had in the smoker that day before I make my final decision.
- Casey's - An American Cantina – Casey’s seared ahi tuna salad is perfect for lunch or dinner, and I love that they’ve picked a wine for me!
- Tep's Villa Roma – I am generally a meat-and-potatoes kind of girl, but I am eager to try the zucchini pasta. Plus, locally brewed beer from Sidellis? Yes, please!
Check out the full list of participating restaurants and their menus here and start making your plans for the 4th annual stretchy-pants week. I mean, Tahoe South Restaurant Week.