Need an excuse to try a new Tahoe South restaurant? Look no further – Tahoe South Restaurant Week is here!
Tahoe South Restaurant Week connects foodies with the area's most notable local eateries, each recognized for their classic favorites and distinctive dishes. Tahoe South Restaurant Week is part of California Restaurant Month, designated by Visit California. More than 30 destinations across California, from the desert and coast to wine country and High Sierra, will host restaurant weeks and other value-driven food programming this January. This is the perfect opportunity to try a new-to-you restaurant, or to indulge in an extra course at your local favorites.
Photo by Lauren Lindley
Participating restaurants will feature specially-priced and prix fixe menus highlighting the theme “Made with Altitude,” January 10-17, 2014.
No special reservations or passes are needed for this weeklong event. Just be sure to let the servers know that you’re there for Restaurant Week.
Here are a few of the menus I’m looking forward to trying:
- The Beacon - three-course $39 prix fixe menu includes Seafood Cioppino and Death by Chocolate
- The Boathouse on the Pier - four-course prix fixe menu includes rack of wild boar (!)
- Sorensen’s (over in Hope Valley) – two breakfasts or lunches for the price of one (Jan 13-17). I love their beef burgundy stew and blueberry cobbler J
- Après Wine - Tasting Tuesday “Altitude” Special – “The Mountains of California: Tuesday, January 14 at 6pm. This wine tasting, “The Mountains of California,” will feature a discussion of wines from some of renowned grape growing hillsides in California such as the Sierra Foothills, Mt. Veeder, Atlas Peak, Howell Mountain, Spring Mountain, Sonoma Mountain, Santa Cruz Mountains, etc. $25 advance, $30 at door. Includes five wines and three appetizer pairings, and discounts on wines tasted.
- Edgewood Tahoe – three-course prix fixe menu includes lobster and king salmon
- 11th Frame Diner
- Après Wine Co
- Basecamp Pizza
- The Beacon Bar & Grill at Camp Richardson
- Boathouse on the Pier
- Edgewood Tahoe
- Getaway Café
- Gunbarrel Tavern
- Hard Rock Cafe
- The Landing Resort & Spa
- Red Hut Café (three South Shore Locations)
- Riva Grill
- Sorensen's Resort
- Sushi Kai (inside Gi Fu Loh)
- Zephyr Cove Restaurant
For more restaurant week menu information, visit www.tahoesouth.com/restaurantweek. In addition, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for highlights and specials! What restaurants are you interested in trying this week? Let us know in the comments field below.
Georgette is a South Lake Tahoe resident and the Tahoe South marketing manager. She loves life outdoors and can usually be found exploring the lake, trails, and happy-hour hangouts with her dog Jersey.