I sure hope you've trained well and are getting some good rest tonight! We were out there all day marking the course and building obstacles--when I say "all day" I mean after my morning Recon regimen of chewing whole coffee beans and coughing out the grounds for a nice cup of joe for me and my wife--she tells me how AWESOME I am, I tell her how RAD she is, she punches me in the gut, I kick her in the liver, we smooch and I'm off by 4:12 am. I know, lame. Hey, I was up late so I slept in.
1) Raceday check-in 7-9 am for all ages
2) Kids have a second check-in from 11:30 am - 1 pm. Big Groms will race at 1 pm, Lil' Groms at 1:30 pm.
3) There will be a racer meeting prior to each heat--we will go over important course details at that time--please be there so we don't have to say "well, if you were at the meeting..."
4) There will be aid stations with water, Gatorade and snacks every 2-3 miles
5) We do not have a bag check but we will hold keys and IDs
6) Spectathletes may want binoculars to view the racers charging up and down the hill
7) Racers should come back around through the drop zone prior to the next heat starting so the blue and green course racers can participate in bombarding them with...let's just say...physical applause!
I think that's it for now. I'm tired. I'm going to have some chocolate covered rebar for dessert and call it a night.
Sweet Dreams Reconites!!
Chief Officer of Awesomeness - Sierra Recon