- Jenn Boyd
Have you seen the weather report for this weekend? Highs in the mid-50s, that’s perfect for a family-day on the slopes, Easter egg hunts and mimosas at brunch.
I’ve compiled a list of things to do in South Lake Tahoe for Easter weekend. Enjoy!
Ready, set, find the golden egg:
- Leadership Lake Tahoe will host an egg hunt, Friday, April 6 for the South Lake Tahoe Boys and Girls Club. Children between kindergarten and eighth grade can decorate their gathering bags and hunt for eggs filled with candy, toys and safety gear. Be on the lookout for the golden egg as a special prize will be awarded to the finder.
- The Easter Bunny will hide eggs at Kahle Community Center , Friday at 11 a.m. and children 6-years old and younger will be able to search for them. Participants must bring their own basket.
- South Tahoe Optimist Club will be hosting their 45th annual Easter egg hunt at Lake Tahoe Community College at 10:30 a.m., Saturday, April 7. 2,500 eggs will be hidden throughout the parking lot near the gym. There will be various prizes awarded.
- Just because you are skiing doesn’t mean you have to miss out on an egg hunt. Heavenly Ski and Ride School is also joining in on the fun by hosting an Easter egg hunt for the kids in the ski and ride program on Sunday, April 8 at Adventure Peak starting at 10 a.m.
Egg-tra special Easter Sunday brunch:
- Riva Grill offers their special Easter Sunday “Best of Tahoe” brunch buffet with the Easter Bunny. Enjoy a delicious lakeside brunch and make sure you bring your camera for pictures by the lake and with the Easter Bunny, April 8, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Reservations recommended.
- Edgewood Restaurant offer a delicious brunch. Their eggs benedict are the best in town. A few other items to try are the cheese blintzes, omelet station and the variety of seafood and meats, including a honey glazed ham. Champagne and mimosas are included. I highly recommend making reservations.
- I will not eat green eggs and ham, in a plane or on the train, but I will eat them lakeside at Beacon Bar & Grill. Yes, the Beacon will have green eggs and ham as well as crepes and Blood Orange Bellini (drink special) for brunch. Dinner specials include delicious lamb t-bone and prime rib. Reservations recommended here as well.
Events, April 7:
- Heavenly Mountain - Gunbarrel 25 with Glen Plake
- Sierra-at-Tahoe - 9th annual Telegrass Festival
- Harrah’s & Harveys Lake Tahoe – Ozomatli
How are you spending Easter weekend?
*Jenn works for Weidinger Public Relations and handles all PR efforts for Tahoe South. As a winter enthusiast (she loves other seasons too), Tahoe is the perfect playground for Jenn to combine work with play. Her work for Tahoe South includes working with regional and national media, assisting with promotions and special events for the destination and coordinating media invites and itineraries.