By Lauren Lindley
SnowGlobe Music Festival is returning to Tahoe South for its second year and it’s not too late to join in on the fun. Three day passes and single day tickets are still on sale.
Today kicks off the 21 DAYS of SNOWGLOBE: Counting down to all things involving the fest, including insider tips, band interviews, event coverage and more! Day one of the 21 Days of SnowGlobe brings you:
Read more to discover my favorite places to eat in Tahoe South and special treats for festival goers.
- The Keys Cafe (2279 Lake Tahoe Blvd #2, South Lake Tahoe, CA) is my go-to to-go breakfast joint: their breakfast burritos and sandwiches are to die for; they have quality coffee, and an extensive menu of inventive smoothies (to rehydrate you after a late night of too much fun). For those of you with a sweet tooth, make sure you try one of their chocolate snow globes, a family recipe brought out just for this event.
- Simple Bliss Vegan Cafe (2540 Lake Tahoe Blvd. #7, South Lake Tahoe, California 96150) in the Swiss Chalet Village is open daily from 6 am to 4 pm, and is Tahoe’s only vegan restaurant, offering locally grown organic produce.
- Sprouts Natural Food Cafe (3123 Harrison Ave, South Lake Tahoe, California 96150) near Lakeview Commons on Harrison Ave offers organic, delicious and affordable food and juices. The Classic Burrito and the A.T.O.M. Bagel are my personal favorites. Don’t forget to bring cash because your plastic won’t work here.
- Taqueria Jalisco (3097 Harrison AveSouth Lake Tahoe, CA 96150) is the hidden gem of Tahoe South, with their original location tucked away behind Rojos and the Video Library on Harrison Avenue (entrance on the back side of the building). They have a second location on HWY 50 in the same complex as Off the Hook and Whiskey Dicks. Taqueria Jalisco offers affordable, simple and authentic Mexican staples. The super burritos ($5.50) are the locals’ favorite, but I always go with three pollo tacos ($1.25 each). If you order tacos, know that they come with just meat so add guac and cheese to them for mere quarters. Their salsa bar is the best in town. Cash only.
- 21 Days of SnowGlobe: Shop Local - Take something home for yourself or the person you pawned your dog off on.
- 21 Days of SnowGlobe: Up Close and Personal with Beats Antique
Lauren is one of our regular blog contributors. Read about her crazy fun adventures as a passionate photographer, athlete and traveler on her personal blog.